You'd never imagine what was hidden in these stunning places underground. But trust me, when you see these, they will blow your mind. They're breathtaking beyond belief!
1. Toledo Metro Station – Naples, Italy
One of Metro Napoli’s Metro Art Stations, it was designed around the themes of water and light.
2. Radhuset Station – Stockholm, Sweden
It is dramatically lit and is made to resemble the inside of a volcano.
3. Kievskaya, Mayakovskaya and Park Pobedy Stations – Moscow, Russia
The art and design of these stations is to celebrate Russo-Ukrainian unity.
4. Avtovo Metro Station – St. Petersburg, Russia
Avtovo’s unique and highly ornate design features columns faced with ornamental glass.
5. Bund Sightseeing Tunnel – Shanghai, China
This is one of the top 5 tourist attractions in China. A tunnel that showcases the historic Bund area of China.
6. Arts Et Metiers Station – Paris, France
The Station was designed by Belgian artists in a style reminiscent of the scient fiction works of Jules Verne.
7. Tilework in Szent Gellert Square – Budapest, Hungary
This beautiful mosaic is designed 100% from tile. Beautiful.
8. University of Naples Subway Station – Italy
According to the designer, “… vivacious florescent colors and innovative materials which can properly accommodate expressive and poetic needs; a transit area capable of touching the emotional sphere of the passenger, bringing beauty and pleasure into the daily commute.”
9. Formosa Boulevard Station – Kaohsiung, Taiwan
The station is known for its “Dome of Light”, the largest glass work in the world.
10. Kungstradgarden Metro Station – Stockholm, Sweden
This beautiful station features relics rescued from the many buildings pulled down during the redevelopment of central Stockholm during the 1950s and 1960s.
11. City Hall Station – New York, NY
Opened on October 27, 1904, this station underneath the public area in front of City Hall was designed to be the showpiece of the new subway.
12. T-Centralen Station – Stockholm, Sweden
T is an abbreviation for “tunnelbana”, the Swedish word for “underground” or “subway”.
13. Olaias Station – Lisbon, Portugal
This station boasts contemporary art with dramatic coloring and beautifully designed tiles.
14. Stadion Station – Stockholm, Sweden
This station features a wide variety of artists drawn from the art scene over the last 55 years.
15. Slavyansky Bulvar Station – Moscow, Russia
This beautiful station was designed by architect S. Volovich.
Sign up for the Grabberwocky daily email, see everything first!